Questions on compulsory auto-insurance
According to insurance legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan each owner of the vehicle shall insure his/her civil liability to third persons. In case of a traffic accident with inflicting damage to third persons, the insurance company of the guilty party will indemnify damage inflicted to the victims.
To execute the Policy the individual being resident of the Republic of Kazakhstan shall provide ID Card or passport and driver’s license of the Client, all insured persons, and vehicle registration certificate. If an individual is a non-resident of the Republic of Kazakhstan, apart of documents indicated, it is necessary to provide a registration certificate issued by the authorized body of the Republic of Kazakhstan for entrance, exit and stay in the Republic of Kazakhstan unless otherwise provided for by international treaties ratified by the Republic of Kazakhstan; driver’s license of the client and all insured persons, and vehicle registration certificate.
Migration cards are not required from persons who are residents of EEU countries.
For individuals – residents of the Republic of Kazakhstan carrying out individual entrepreneur activities: an ID Card, including for insured persons, Individual entrepreneur’s registration certificate, driver’s license of the client, insured persons, certificate of state registration of the vehicle.
For legal entities – residents and non-residents of the Republic of Kazakhstan and their standalone divisions (branches and representative offices), Documents shall be delivered in accordance with Order of the Minister of Finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated 15.02.2010 No.56 “On Approval of the list of documents required for due diligence of clients by the types of the subjects of financial monitoring”. Documents shall be provided depending on legal form of the legal entity, residence indicator.
Several insured persons can be included into one policy, provided that just one vehicle is included thereto and on the contrary, several vehicles can be included but insured shall be the one.
The policy can be re-executed only upon termination of your contract and execution of new policy. This procedure is possible only in presence of the Main insured. To re-execute/terminate the Policy of compulsory insurance of civil liability of the vehicle owner you need to visit the office where you executed previous policy or any nearest to you office of IC London-Almaty JSC. Please take the following documents: ID card (passport), driver’s license, vehicle registration certificate, policy.
To immediately stop (not to move) the vehicle, turn on emergency warning light and set the emergency stop sign (flashing red light) in accordance with the requirements of paragraph 7.2 of Driving Regulations, do not move items related to the incident;
To take possible measures for pre-medical assistance to the victims, to call ambulance and in case of emergency to send the victims with passing by transport, and if this is not possible, to bring them to the nearest medical institution using own vehicle, to report the name, registration plate of the vehicle with presentation of an identity document or driver’s license and registration document for the vehicle) and return to the scene of the incident;
to immediately report on the incident to the nearest internal affairs body, write down names and addresses of eyewitnesses and wait for arrival of employees of law enforcement agencies;
to call the Adjustor to the scene of the accident.
Claim to the Insurer for insurance payment shall be made by the Insured or other person (Beneficiary).
To arrange insurance payment the following documents shall be presented:
Application for insurance payment (with indication of place of residence, telephone numbers of the Beneficiary, bank details (if necessary), the order of insurance payment: in cash or by transfer to bank account). List of documents is determined in p.1, art. 25 of the RK Law “On compulsory insurance of the civil liability of vehicle owners”;
Insurance policy (original);
Documents confirming occurrence of the insured event and value of damage;
Copy of a certificate issued by a healthcare institution on temporary disability of the victim in case of harm to health, life of the victim or a statement issued by specialized institutions on establishing disability of the victim;
Notarized copy of death certificate of the victim;
Document confirming the right of the Beneficiary for indemnification (copy);
Application for assessment in cases provided for by p.3 of article 22 of the RK Law dated 01.07.2003 No.446-II “On compulsory insurance of civil liability of the vehicle owners”.
Copy of Beneficiary’s ID Card (for individuals) or original of a power of attorney issued to a representative of the legal entity;
Documents confirming expenses incurred to the insured for prevention or reduction of losses upon the event insured, if any.
The Insurer cannot require other documents from the Insured or the victim.
Assessment of damage to property shall be done by the Insurer within 10 business days under application on establishing the value of damage in the form established by normative legislative act of the authorized body.
After submission of full pack of documents, the case will be considered within 15 business days.
To calculate cost of the policy it is necessary to indicate your IIN (for determining bonus-malus), place of registration and type of vehicle, age and driving experience, any benefits (if any) and term of policy settlement. You can calculate cost of your policy here (calculator).
Bonus-malus is the system of discounts (“Good-Bad”, Latin translation) used in insurance which changes value of insurance premium to be paid by the client to the insurer depending on the history of events insured. Bonus-malus rating increases upon with accident-free driving, and decreases in case of a traffic accident due to the client’s fault. Thus, the cost of CIVOCL decreases or increases depending on the banus-malus.
KASKO is a voluntary vehicle insurance in which the car is insured against various damages.
KASKO price varies depending on the program chosen, year of vehicle manufacture, value of the vehicle, territory of registration of the vehicle and other factors. The cost can be calculated here.
The list of events insured for this insurance depends on the program you choose. The following risks are covered by KASKO:
- Road traffic accident;
- Falling on or another contact of a foreign object with the vehicle;
- fire, explosion;
- lightning strike, emergency;
illegal actions of third persons.
It is possible. Payment terms are then fixed with insurance manager. Insurance premium payment by installments shall be fixed in the policy.
- In case of the event insured, the adjustor must be called to the site. Our officer will register the damages of the vehicle and give detailed consulting on further actions. (Insured/policy holder shall be entitled not to call or wait for the adjustor (representative) of the Insurer at the site in the following cases:
– if the call or arrival of the adjustor/representative of the Insurer is impossible or much difficult in cases of an accident at a significant distance from settlements and locations without cellular communication;
– if traffic police officers arrived at the site and recorded the accident in accordance with the procedure established by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan).
To get payment under KASKO, documents listed in the policy shall be provided. Indicative list of the documents:
- Policy/Insurance contract including all appendices and supplementary agreements (copy);
- Vehicle registration certificate (copy);
- Driving license of the person driving the vehicle (copy);
- Power of attorney or trip sheet (copy, in cases provided for by the contract);
- Opinion of examination board (in cases provided for by the contract);
- Act of defects and invoice issued by the Service Center (if the contract provides for insurance payment against invoice of the Service Center);
- Application of the beneficiary for insurance payment, specifying details of transfer;
- ID of the Beneficiary (copy);
- Report on damage assessment (if the contract provides for insurance payment against assessment report or there is a person responsible for damage);
- Certificate of performed works, invoice (after repair works);
- Documents issued by a competent authority confirming occurrence and reasons of the event insured (in cases provided for by the contract);
Term of consideration for payment under KASKO is determined by the Contract. As a rule, consideration takes 2 to 15 business days.
- To immediately stop (not get away) the vehicle, turn on emergency warning light and set the emergency stop sign (flashing red light) in accordance with the requirements of driving regulations, not to move items related to the accident;
- to take possible measures for pre-medical assistance to the injured, call ambulance, and in cases of emergency to send the injured with passing-by transport, or if impossible, to deliver with own vehicle to the nearest medical institution, to tell there your name, vehicle registration plate (with presentation of an identity document or driver’s license and vehicle registration document) and get back to the accident site;
- to immediately report on the accident to the nearest internal affairs body, write down names and addresses of eyewitnesses and wait for arrival of law enforcement officers;
- to call the representative of the insurance company – Adjustor to the traffic accident site.
- Constructive elements of the apartment/building (structures and other buildings on the land and related to real estate with the exception of bus stop shelters), including window and door constructions (except for inter-room), wiring, piping of heating systems, water supply, sewerage, gas supply.
- Decoration of the building, namely all types of plastering and painting, including stucco work; covering of walls, ceiling, floors, interior door constructions, including glazing, interior window constructions; built-in furniture.
- Technical equipment: heating systems (including floor heating systems, walls, ceiling), surveillance and security (including cameras, intercoms), ventilation, air conditioning, water supply (including shut-off devices, sinks, bathtubs, shower cabins, etc.), sewage (including sanitary facilities of toilet rooms), waste disposal (garbage chute), gas supply (including fittings, gas stoves, plates), power supplies, including low-current ones (antenna, telephone, alarm system, radio, etc.), other equipment.
- Household and personal items: furniture, interior items, household equipment, etc.
- Liability to third parties: harm to life, health, property of third parties as a result of water-caused damage upon operation of the property insured.
Property constructed before 1965 is not allowed for insurance.
It is prohibited to insure movable property without insurance of real estate in which the movable items are located.
The property can be insured against the following risks:
- Fire and smoke, gas explosion;
- Damage by water and other liquids;
- Emergency situations (earthquake is exception);
- Fall of manned aircraft, trees or other foreign objects;
- Impact, collision of ground vehicles or self-propelled vehicles;
- Illegal actions of third parties – robbery, hooliganism, vandalism;
- Theft, robbery;
- Civil liability to third parties.
Standard property insurance contract provides for 12 month insurance, however, minimum term of insurance contract shall be at least 1 (one) calendar month
Tenants are entitled to insure the leased property after obtaining written consent of the Owner. In this case, beneficiary (insurance payment beneficiary) will be owner of the property thus insured.
The following documents are required to enter into property insurance contract:
- ID Card (passport) containing IIN or legal entity registration certificate;
- Application (shall be filled in the Company’s office);
- Copy of document confirming ownership title of the Insured to the property or lease agreement and written consent of the Owner if the property is leased.
- Other documents determined by Order of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated December 15, 2010 No.56 “On approval of the list of documents required for due audit of clients by the types of subjects of financial monitoring”.
Upon occurrence of the event insured it is necessary:
- To immediately call the representative of the Insurer (Adjuster) to the site;
- Not later than 24 hours since occurrence, inform the relevant authorities in writing or other eligible form;
- Not later than 3 business days to notify the Insurer in writing.
- Upon occurrence of the event insured, to immediately notify competent authorities and take all reasonable measures to protect the property insured and reduce scope of loss;
- Upon occurrence of the event insured, to take measures to secure the property before surveillance by the Insurer’s representative as it is appeared after occurrence of the event insured;
For the purposes of insurance payment under property insurance program the following documents shall be provided:
- Notice on occurrence of the event;
- Policy/insurance contract including appendices and supplementary agreements (original);
- Title documents for the property;
- Copies of documents confirming occurrence and reasons of the event insured certified by competent authorities (for example: in case of fire: fire certificate (duly sealed), fire investigation; in case of flooding: certificate issued by apartment owners’ cooperative, etc.).
- Documents certifying value of damage (evaluation report, other documents allowing to establish loss, availability, value of goods (invoice);
- ID card/registration certificate of the Beneficiary (copy);
Claim signed by the beneficiary for insurance payment with details.
Term of consideration of insurance payment under Property insurance contract is determined by the Contract. As a rule it is 15 business days.
When getting the travel insurance policy, the Insured should be between 0 to 60 years old.
- Chronic illnesses, oncology;
- Expenses for pregnancy (including complications) and termination of pregnancy (except for incidents constituting an immediate threat to life of the Insured within no more than 12 weeks);
- Expenses for labor and delivery;
- Allergy and dermatitis after the sunburn;
- Diabetes (I and II category);
- Chronic impaired kidney function requiring extrarenal blood cleanup and other.
Insuring the luggage or pet animal travelling abroad against the losses is not allowed.
London-Almaty IC JSC ensures medical support to its customers in all the countries around the world.
When an insurance event occurs, the Insured / Assured (his representative) needs to notify the competent authorities, service company or the Insurer within 24 hours by dialing the phone numbers indicated in the Contract for coordinating the seeking of medical and/or medical-transport assistance and related expenses. When doing so, the following information needs to be reported:
- Last name, name of the Insured;
- Contract number;
- Description of circumstances of the event and the nature of required assistance;
- Location of the Insured and the contact phone number for the follow up;
A copy of the Contract and a passport with the page indicating the term of stay of the Insured in the insurance territory should be sent to the service company.
When the Insured has paid cash for the medical services, having coordinated it preliminarily with the service company or the Insurer, the Insured / Assured provides the Insurer with the following documents as a proof of occurrence of the insurance event:
- Statement of the insurance event with a detailed description of the circumstances of the occurrence of the insurance event;
- Original Contract;
- Copy of ID document (passport, ID card of a person without citizenship);
- Original receipt for tax purposes;
- Original sales slips, invoices, payment slips indicating the name of each medical preparation, procedure, doctor visit, their quantity and cost;
- Doctor prescription for taking medical preparations, undergoing the procedures, visiting doctors that were billed;
- Original medical reports;
- Original documents proving the incurrence of expenses for the specialized medical transport;
- Documents confirming a phone call to the service company (printouts of phone conversations);
- Other documents required by the Insurer as a proof of the amounts of costs incurred;
- Notarized translation of documents into Russian or state language;
- Documents of competent authorities confirming the fact of the circumstance of the occurrence of the insurance event;
The Insured should provide the Insurer with the application for the insurance payout in writing within five (5) calendar days of his arrival to the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Accident insurance contract is entered into for the period from one (1) day to 12 months.
The accident insurance contract becomes effective on the day following the day of payment of the insurance premium. That said, the day of payment of the insurance premium or insurance payment is under stood to mean the day when money was credited to the bank account of the Insurer.
To make the contract, the Insured should fill in the application form and provide the following documents: ID card / passport of the Insured (for individuals), title documents (for entities).
Persons between 16 and 65 years old should present the original (copy of) ID card / passport of the Assured.
Persons between 1 and 16 years old should present the original (copy of) passport (birth certificate) of the Assured.
To insure the risks related to the use of a motor vehicle, the motor vehicle registration certificate is required,
Other documents as per Order No.56 of the Minister of Finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated February 15, 2010 “On approval of the list of documents required for the proper examination of customers, by types of subjects of financial monitoring”.
Accident insurance is not available for persons who at the time of entering into the Contract reached the age of 65 years; children under 1 years old; disabled persons or persons suffering from chronic illnesses; persons living with HIV; alcohol abusers.
The insurance is not available for persons serving sentences in the correctional facilities, as well as persons called for active military service, reserve training, etc.
The Contract can only be terminated ahead of schedule subject to the mandatory written notification of the Insurer not later than thirty (30) calendar days prior to the anticipated termination date.
Contact the medical institution for the emergency medical care, then notify the Insurer in writing within three (3) business days on the occurrence of the insurance event and prepare the package of documents for the payout.
To get a payout under the accident insurance contract, the Insured needs to provide:
- Insurance contract (original);
- Medical certificate of incapacity for work;
- Medical discharge report;
- ID card of the beneficiary (copy);
- Application of the beneficiary for the insurance payout, with details for transfer;
- Proof of occurrence of insurance event;
- Proof of actual medical expenses;
- Receipts for tax purposes;
- Doctor prescription, medication forms.
Terms for considering the payout matters under the accident insurance contract are defined by the contract terms. As a rule, the review period is 10 business days from receipt of the full package of documents from the Insured (Beneficiary).
Insurance payout is made no later than fifteen (15) bank days from the date the Insured provides the last of the documents envisaged by the Contract.